YumaPro SDK: Multi-Protocol Network Management Server Toolkit
Automating network operations has become critical for service providers and business networking teams. However, seamlessly transitioning from legacy network management protocols like CLI and SNMP to programmable ones such as RESTCONF and NETCONF may be challenging without the right toolkit.
YumaPro SDK makes it easy, thanks to its YANG-driven tools. With its multi-protocol network management capability, it is compatible with several protocols for configuring network devices and elements. This allows network devices to be programmatic, scalable, and interoperable without the downtimes and errors common with manual configurations.
The YumaPro SDK Server tool-kit provides developers with a powerful framework for rapidly creating protocol-independent management interfaces for any kind of device that has configuration parameters to set, operational data to monitor, and/or notifications to send.
YumaPro SDK simplifies network automation. We created a network automation management platform to help you replace old technologies like CLI and SNMP with a standards-based, programmable approach like YANG through NETCONF and RESTCONF.
Expect the following benefits with YumaPro SDK:
Multiple Protocols Compatibility
It works with numerous network management protocols, such as gNMI, NETCONF, RESTCONF, CLI, SNMP, and Call Home. Because of its robust compatibility, you only have to create the code once, and it will run on different protocol systems after its integration. Build various management interfaces quickly with YumaPro SDK.
Its high availability feature assures that there is almost no downtime. With a pool of servers, you can be confident that one is always up and running if the active server fails or is being maintained. In addition, any changes or configuration edits are continually replicated in the standby servers, allowing them to load the same YANG modules at any time.
YumaPro’s multi-protocol server is capable of running on almost any Linux platform. It is designed from the ground up to be highly modular and easily configured to provide the features you need on the embedded systems you need. The server can scale from a tiny ARM platform to a massive multi-core distributed system.
Your valuable YANG instrumentation code can be reused in any configuration, written once in a unified single-development effort. The YumaPro architecture and SDK tools for automating network management and configuration make it all possible.
Easy to use tools, with full source code available!
The YumaPro Server source code is written entirely in POSIX compliant C. It is well-documented and easy to customize and integrate into embedded systems. The source license includes all server source code used at run-time.
Simple Development Process!
Creating new management interfaces for your products is easy with YumaPro Server tools:
- Start with a service or product component that needs to be managed, and decide what parameters, operational data, and notifications are needed
- Write a YANG module to represent the data model for this new feature or use an existing module from a standards organization
- Make sure the YANG module compiles correctly with the yangdump-pro YANG compiler
- Create all the C stub code for the server instrumentation library (SIL) with the make_sil_dir_pro script
- Fill in the SIL C functions that set configuration values, get operational data values, and/or generate notification events
- Run make to compile your SIL code and make install to install it
- That’s it! The module and the SIL code can be loaded into YumaPro Server at run-time with no service interruption with the special load operation!